- Through a collective industry association effort, to promote and represent the views of its members and the Tourism Industry as well as assisting FENATA in resolving issues with the relevant authorities.
- To instill confidence among overseas Tour Operators, Tour Wholesalers, Travel Management Companies and tourists in dealing with a member of a recognized Association, companies and/or individuals subscribing to professionalism in conducting all aspects of tourism.
- To support members in co-coordinated marketing activities at international travel fairs and by submitting up-to-date lists of members to the tourism industry and tourism promotion offices, (Ministries, Consulates, Trade Missions, Airline Offices, International Tourism Associations, the specialized press, producers of Travel Guides/books and general data base promotion).
ADVANTAGES OF BEING A TASA MEMBER
- Acts as advisor to and supports the efforts of the Ministry of Environment and Tourism, in line with overseas developments.
- Updates members on new legislation regulating tourism, both national and international.
- Communicates on issues which have an impact on the Southern African in-bound tourism industry.
- Unlimited access to the entire TASA membership database – conditions apply.
TASA has representation at Industry Association level:
- Namibia Tourism Board (NTB)
- Federation of Namibian Tourism Associations (FENATA)
- Eco-Awards Namibia
TASA works closely with government stakeholders:
- Ministry of Home Affairs and Immigration
- Ministry of Environment and Tourism
- Ministry of Mines and Energy
- Ministry of Trade and Industry
- Ministry of Works and Transport
Preferential banking rates with FNB Namibia.
Preferential insurance rates with MARSH Namibia.
Marketing opportunities via close association with the NTB.
Networking opportunities when attending Annual General Meetings as well as the open invitation to attend monthly EXCO meetings.
As an association partner of the Adventure Travel Trade Association (ATTA), all TASA members are afforded a 40% discount on their initial annual membership fee. For further information, please log onto http://www.adventuretravel.biz.